Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Purple Ombre Mani

I always love seeing these types of manis and have always wanted to try one.  It's so simple, takes no artistic talent, just an eye for color, and yet somehow I've never tried a gradient skittle mani.  Until NOW!





I ended up going for a more subtle approach. As I sit here in low light, you can hardly tell that there's a difference in color.  I originally planned on my pinky being much lighter, but realized I didn't have a good polish that fit between a very light dusty purple and my medium one - so I started with the medium shade instead. 

It's not perfect - I think I need to go through my stash and try some other colors - doing this was more difficult that I thought it would be!  I'd line up colors and in the bottle they looked like they'd work well together, but once on the nail, many of them looked different side by side.




 The colors I used were:  thumb: China Glaze VIII, index: Zoya Pinta, middle: butter LONDON Marrow, ring: OPI Funky Dunky, & pinky: Sonia Kashuk: Violetta

I want to try this in all different colors now - so stay tuned, I have a feeling there will be more of these!


1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried one of these yet and I'm not sure why! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Your comments mean the world to me. I LOVE finding new blogs, so if youd like me to check out yours, please send me a message at OnceBittenBlog@gmail.com, but please dont spam my comments. Any and all spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...