Thursday, December 8, 2011

Julep Nail Appliques: Peacock

Has Hell frozen over?  No, it's just me posting again.  ;P

I received some nail appliques in my most recent Julep Maven Boho Glam box.  Before I tried them, I searched for reviews from other who may have tried them first but couldn't find any....SO, I figured I should just jump right in and try them out for myself and share the results with you!

My previous nail strip experiences are with Incoco and Sally Hansen. But unlike Incoco or Sally Hansen strips these aren't real nail polish.  The previous brands are sealed, airtight, have a bit of a chemically nail polish smell, and though they don't need any dry time, they do cure and harden once exposed to the air.  The Julep Nail Appliques are more like vinyl stickers.

They apply in much the same way as the other strips that I've used.  I did find these easier to manipulate - if for some reason I didn't have the strip centered correctly, there was no problem lifting it and resticking.  I had to do that quite a few times and I'm happy to say that even though I stuck and restuck a few of the strips, that didn't affect their ability to stay in place once I was satisfied.

Another difference that I noticed was that once I was finished, and applied top coat, these didn't start to curl at the edges.  I experienced that with the Sally Hansen strips, which lead to me constantly touching and fiddling with the area, which ultimately lead to peeling.  I'm a very tactile person and if there's any kind of texture, lump or bump on my nails, I'll constantly touch it.

With that being said, they do have some texture to them.  Each little dot of metallic color is slightly raised, even after applying two coats of thick top coat. They kinda feel like worn out braille on my nails...and yes, I'm constantly running my fingers over them and luckily they're holding up!

Ok enough blah blah blah here's what they look like:





I'm still rocking some shorty nails, so the full design of the strip is lost, but I still like it!  It's difficult to tell from my picture but they're really sparkly.  Each little dot shines like individually placed sequins.


Here's what the full strips looks like - as you can see, I only needed half a strip, so I'm hoping I might be able to get double the use from them.



Overall, I'm really happy with these.  The only thing that worries me is with their removal.  Not the process of, but HOW you remove them.  Other strips come off with regular nail polish remover but the Julep Nail Appliques state on the package that they're to be removed by wetting with just warm water and peeling them off.  hmm.  The package says that the appliques should last 3-7 days, but if they only come off with warm water, I'm not sure how they'll hold up with regular hand washing or even taking a shower!  I don't know about you, but I try to wash my hands and take a shower a few times in a 3-7 day period...LOL  So as for the durability of these strips...I'll have to wait and see how they last after my morning shower tomorrow and I'll report back...

I don't see these listed on the Julep website yet, so I'm not positive when they'll be available to purchase or how much they will be.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! Your comments mean the world to me. I LOVE finding new blogs, so if youd like me to check out yours, please send me a message at OnceBittenBlog@gmail.com, but please dont spam my comments. Any and all spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...