Friday, November 4, 2011

Urban Outfitters: Blue 1

I know it's a little late for a Halloween post but here goes....

Stereotypical Halloween decorations and manis reflect icons that are supposed to be scary.  Bats, spiders, spiderwebs, orange...   But for someone who's a recovering nail biter, who spent the vast majority of her life hiding her ugly, chomped on fingers, anything that draws attention to them, even though they're in good condition now, is still a nightmare.  

So for me, the most terrifying mani I could think of was Urban Outfitters: Blue 1.  Not only is it retina searingly bright (more so than my camera can capture), but it stains like CRAZY!  Oh the HORROR!!!





Seriously though, this polish sends chills down my spine along with any other super pigmented bright colors.  Even though I've nixed the nail biting habit, for almost a year now, I'm still uncomfortable wearing 'in your face' colors.  I'm getting better though and I bought this one on purpose, to help me get over it.    I've seen the daytime talk shows where people conquer their fears by taking them head on. So that's what I did....and it seems to have worked!  I wore this badboy during a weekend trip to visit a friend, who happened to comment "WHOA! that's...uh...that's really bright!", and I lived to tell the tale.  The first day was difficult but it got better with every passing hour, until I finally owned it and found I kinda liked it!

Have you conquered a fear?  Is there a type of color or finish that you always shied away from that now you like?  Or do you still cower in its presence?


1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Lol! I really like this color!!! I'm a recovering nail biter as well so I know the feeling of hiding your hands.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Your comments mean the world to me. I LOVE finding new blogs, so if youd like me to check out yours, please send me a message at OnceBittenBlog@gmail.com, but please dont spam my comments. Any and all spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...