Tuesday, September 20, 2011

China Glaze: It's Alive

Out of the entire China Glaze Haunting collection, It's Alive was the one I was really looking forward to.  So, today, while I was taking advantage of the butter LONDON bogo at ULTA, I was happy to find a small display of the Haunting polishes.  What I wasn't prepared for, was just how gorgeous this polish was once it was on!




It's Alive is a mossy, murky green jelly base overflowing with golden green fine and slightly larger hex glitters.  This has one of the best glitter bomb formulas that I've ever tried.  It went on perfectly and covered fully in 2 coats.  If you really loaded up your brush, you could probably do it in 1.  It dries with a slightly matte look and has some texture to it.




Below I topped it with 2 coats of Out The Door.  As you can see, adding the top coat deepened the color slightly and really brings out the sparkle of the glitter.




And just because I was curious, I tried it with Essie's Matte About You.  I ended up loving this look so much that I did a full mani of it.  I don't know what it is, but I absolutely love glitter in jelly bases when they're matte.




I know this came out for Halloween, but I have a feeling I'll be wearing this all year round.  It's instantly become one of my favs and definitely one of my fav glitters.



14 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR NAILS.

    I also think this is one of the best polishes to come out as a halloween release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it looks matte, it's very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I must find it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are perfect! I'm glad you did this all three ways, thank you for that. :) This IS a gorgeous polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! I need to find this polish! It's amazingggg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just (like seconds ago) took this off. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun while glossy but absolute perfection when matte!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so stunning on you, and I absolutely love the matte version <3.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this color a lot. If I didn't already have a full basket at Ulta yesterday, I would have definitely grabbed this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that color. Very beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool. While I do appreciate it matte, I just love glittery polishes when they're, well, glittery! I'd go for it shiny...wonder if these are out in Canada yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is by far one of my favorite recent polish releases. It may make my all time top China Glaze list. I love your photos. I recently swatched this over on my blog and added crackle on top (as CG suggests). The result was quite fun. I like the matte idea as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great! I haven't found it anywhere local, so I may have to go shopping for it online.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Your comments mean the world to me. I LOVE finding new blogs, so if youd like me to check out yours, please send me a message at OnceBittenBlog@gmail.com, but please dont spam my comments. Any and all spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...