Monday, July 11, 2011

OPI: Funky Dunkey

I found this bottle, from OPI's 2010 summer Shrek collection, at my local ULTA on clearance.  I don't know why I always passed on this collection, but it's difficult to pass up a good sale ;)






I debated on posting these pics, because they aren't color accurate.  Funky Dunky is probably the most 'true' purple that I have.  My pics make it look like there's some grey in there, but trust me, it's more 'grape-y' if that makes any sense.





 I added a gradient glitter accent nail using Wet-n-Wild's Party of Five Glitters.  I have to admit, I think I like it more than Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday.  I tried playing with my camera's white balance settings and the settings in Picasa to get the color more accurate and I still failed. :(  






So happy I *finally* ended up picking this one up.  Get on over to your ULTA as they're marking down lots of polishes to make way for the upcoming Fall collections!!!  *yay*

18 comments:

  1. I love this color and your gradient. I think I will have to try something similar with China Glaze Grape Pop & NYX Carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love that accent nail. My Ulta has these too, but I passed on this one since I have Zoya Mira, but I did get Fiercely Fiona since I have no other color like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that accent nail! Looks like I will have to be hitting up my local Ulta sometime this week, I've been lusting over that color since it was released.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! yeah purples are so hard to capture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a fun idea with that glitter! I'm a glitter-phobe and that looks like *just* enough glitter for me. Great color. How have I passed this one up so many times?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this purple, and the glitter looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great purple staple. Color isn't as grey, but I adore your photos so it's still gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks lovely on you and I really love the gradient glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone, so happy I didn't pass this one up again!

    yeah, Emily, I don't know why my camera hates purples and magentas! LOL I almost didn't post these pics at all because it was so off...but what are ya gonna do ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the glitter on this one! Must try :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. MissMidnightBlueJuly 11, 2011 at 9:54 PM

    Pretty purple. :D I almost picked this up the other day but I put it back and got something else instead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this color! I bought Happy Birthday but returned it. For $18 bucks I just don't think I would wear it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this on clearance at my Ulta also, but passed it up because it is duppish of Orly Charged Up, which I already own and I am trying to limit my dups. Either way, it's a very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This upside down gradient is freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog on Central Florida Lady Bloggers. I've been debating Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous, but I'm thinking I'll just follow your blog. Loving the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. waaau, love the color and the mani!;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Your comments mean the world to me. I LOVE finding new blogs, so if youd like me to check out yours, please send me a message at OnceBittenBlog@gmail.com, but please dont spam my comments. Any and all spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...