Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Tryday: Splatter Mani For The 4th!

Jen from The PolishAholic has started an epidemic:  The Splatter Mani.  I had to try this for myself but couldn't decide on a color scheme.  Then I was trying to figure out a mani for The 4th of July and it hit me ~ splatter!!







This is my first, and probably last attempt at the splatter technique.  LOL  Not only did it take me much of the afternoon to do, clean up was a P.I.T.A!...partly because I chose the two most stain-y colors...what are ya gonna do, it's the 4th of July? and because my splatter aim was off most of the time...if you like the results on my nails, you should see the paper plate I used...it looks stunning! ;)

The end result is pretty cool, but IMHO the amount of time and effort involved isn't worth it...what can I say, I'm lazy!....I guess my curiosity to try a water-marble mani is right out the door!?!




If you'd like to give it a go, Jen has a step by step tutorial HERE.  She makes it look and seem so easy!

If you'd also like to see another 4th of July splatter mani, check out Brooke's from Getcha Nails Did.  I think I should have done what she did and followed the 'less is more' ideology.  LOL

12 comments:

  1. I think this turned out so cool! But if you didnt like the clean up with this then I would say def stay away from water marbling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way yours turned out! I love the look of the splatter mani, but I don't have much patients. That's why I've only managed to do a watermarble 2 times! lol,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great!! Did you use tape around your cuticles like in water marbling? REALLY cuts down on clean up. And did you layer splatter over splatter until you had complete coverage? I did a RW&B splatter using a white nail base and red & blue splatttered over top. I bet there are going to be a lot of RW&B splatter manis for this 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, looks really cool!
    These beauty people always make it look so easy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, I just can't imagine having the patience to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Megan - I used a liberal layer of cuticle oil - cleaning up the splatter, generally, wasn't difficult, it was just the areas right up on the cuticle & because the red and blue were super stain-y.

    Also, I used Skull & Glossbones as the base (pale grey) - I didn't plan on splattering to full coverage, but I just kept adding more and more hoping for better patterns. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! I was REALLY messy when I did mine..I got paint all over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks fantastic!! I had a little fun on the blog tonight and tagged you in a post:
    http://www.polarbelle.com/2011/07/stylish-blogger-award-take-one-and-pass.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm in love :O

    i HAVE to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I would have found your blog earlier I love the look of the splatter look. I might have to try it for my birthday next Monday..thanks Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. love how this turned out! I gotta try this one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Your comments mean the world to me. I LOVE finding new blogs, so if youd like me to check out yours, please send me a message at OnceBittenBlog@gmail.com, but please dont spam my comments. Any and all spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...